(seafood.vasep.com.vn) On March 11, 2021, the Prime Minister issued PM Decision 339/ QĐ-TTg approving the Vietnam Fisheries Development Strategy to 2030, with a vision to 2045.
Specifically, by 2030, the goals of the fisheries sector include: Growth rate of production value of aquatic products reaching 3.0-4.0%/year; Total domestic seafood production of 9.8 million tons; The seafood export turnover reaching USD 14-16 billion; Creating jobs for over 3.5 million workers, with per capita income of aquatic workers equivalent to the average income of workers nationwide.
In addition, the Government aims to develop seafood processing and trade:
- Developing the seafood processing industry to become a large-scale commodity, playing a key role in leading and promoting the development of seafood production chains in the direction of increasing value-added production and sustainable development; soon turning Vietnam into a global seafood processing center.
- Forming enterprises and corporations as big as giants in the world, producing branded and highly competitive products in the world market.
- Actively integrating internationally, attracting investment, resources and expanding export markets, improving the quality and diversifying processed products for the domestic market.
- Maintaining and developing the market share of Vietnamese seafood in key markets, constantly expanding market share in potential markets ...
- Organizing the circulating production of aquatic products according to the product value chain ...
This Decision took effect since March 11, 2021.
Original text of the Decision