Loading...
SUPA Youreverydayfish VietFish
Go
Marine fish
Print:
Share:
Crab exports to China increase
April 23, 2013, 11:58 PM
(vasep.com.vn) In the first half of March 2013, Vietnam crab exports to China were up 41.7 percent while crab exports to almost main markets saw a sharp decline of 10.8 – 99.1 percent.

According to Vietnam Customs, crabs exported to China are mainly fresh, live crab which accounted for nearly 90 percent of total crab export value and the rest (about 10 percent) is processed and canned crab.

In 2012, Vietnam crab exports to China generated nearly US$6 million, up 7.5 percent against 2011.

According to Chinese Customs, in Jan 2013, crab imports into China reached 1,310 MT, valued at US$6.4 million, having the three largest crab suppliers for China (Chile, the U.K and South Korea) strengthened crab export volume and value to the market. Crab imports from South Korea reported the strongest increase in volume (+600 percent) and value (+562 percent) against those of Jan 2012 while Canada slashed exporting this item to China both in volume (-1 percent) and value (-31 percent).

Since Jan 1st 2013, China lowered inspection and quarantine fees on a wide range of imports and exports to help ease the financial burden of companies engaged in foreign trade amid a global economic slowdown, as well as boost trades amid a sluggish external demand. The changes in quarantine and inspection charges cover animals, plants, edible oils and other foods. The changes also created more advantage for Vietnam seafood exporters in general and crab exporters in particular boosting the exportation of their products to the large market. 

Source:
Kim Thu
Print:
Share:
Other news
Mekong Delta’s seafood exports recover (20/11/2020) Shrimp exports projected to up 9.8 percent this year (17/11/2020) After EVFTA took effect, Vietnamese tuna exports jumped (17/11/2020)
Back to top
Specialist on Marine fish market
Ms Van Ha
Tel: +84.24.3771.5055 (ext. 216)
Portal of Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers (VASEP)
Head office in HCM city: No 7, Nguyen Quy Canh Road, An Phu Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tel: (+84 28) 62810430 / Fax: (+84 28) 62810437 - Email: vasephcmcity@vasep.com.vn
Rep. office in Ha Noi: 10 Nguyen Cong Hoan Street, Ngoc Khanh Ward, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi City, Vietnam
Tel: (+84 24) 37715055 / 37715318 - Fax: (+84 24) 37715084 - Email: vasephn@vasep.com.vn
In charge of content: Nguyen Hoai Nam (Mr) – Deputy General Secretary of VASEP
Managing Editor: Phung Thi Kim Thu (Ms.) Tel: (+84 24) 37715055 (ext: 203)
Email: kimthu@vasep.com.vn
RSS