Does the Vietnamese Government regulate and carry out inspections on hygiene conditions of pangasius processing plants?
Yes, it does! NAFIQAD, the competent authority in charge, has been recognized by the EU, Canada, Korea,...) equivalent in term of competencies to effectively control the quality and safety of fishery products intended for export.
The Vietnamese Government has promulgated regulations on the control of hygiene conditions at fishery processing establishments (including pangasius), specifically:
1. Decree No. 36/2014/ND-CP dated April 29, 2014, on raising, processing, and exporting pangasius.
2. Circular No 48/2013/TT-BNNPTNT stipulating the inspection and certification of food safety for export fishery product.
3. The Circular No.14/2009/TT-BNN dated March 12, 2009 guiding environmental management in seafood processing.
4. QCVN 02-14: 2009/BNNPTNT: National technical standard on industrial aquatic feed producing plants - Conditions for food safety and hygiene, veterinary sanitation and environmental protection.
5. QCVN 02-02: 2009/BNNPTNT: National technical standard on seafood trading and producing plants- Food safety and quality guarantee program under HACCP regulation.
6. QCVN 02-01:2009/BNNPTNT: National technical standard on seafood trading and producing plants - general conditions for ensuring food safety and hygiene.
7. QCVN 02 - 08: 2009/BNNPTNT: National technical standard on seafood ice water producing plants - Conditions for food safety and hygiene guarantee.
8. QCVN 02 - 09: 2009/BNNPTNT: Conditions for food safety and hygiene: seafood cold storage facility - Conditions for food safety and hygiene guarantee.