Pangasius farms are required to meet hygiene and veterinary conditions and to be in compliance with following Vietnamese regulations:
- Circular No.22/2014/TT-BNNPTNT dated July 29 2014 regulating National Technical Standards on conditions for aquaculture.
- QCVN 02-20:2014/BNNPTNT on national technical standards pangasius farms (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus Sauvage, 1878) - ensuring veterinary hygiene, environmental protection, food safety.
- Decision No. 1990 / QD-BKHCN August 4, 2014 issuing National standards.
- National Standards 9963:2014 Freshwater Fish - Pangasius - Technical Requirements.
- Decree No. 36/2014/ND-CP dated April 29, 2014, on raising, processing, and exporting pangasius.
- Decision No. 130/2008/QD-BNN dated December 31, 2008 of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development promulgating the Regulation on control of harmful substances residues in aquaculture fish and products thereof.
- Circular 44/2010 / TT-BNN dated July 22, 2010 on conditions on food safety and hygiene-guaranteed intensive pangasius rearing area.
- The Circular No. 03/2011/TT-BNNPTNT dated January 21st 2011 regulating traceability and revoking aquatic products which fail to ensure food safety and hygiene.
Apart from the respect of master plan of farming zones, environment and food safety aspects as required by Vietnamese regulations, rearing zones and establishments have also applying international standards as required by client to ensure sustainable development with 4 criteria criterias: food safety, environment responsibility, social responsibility and traceability. International standards include:
- GLOBAL G.A.P (Global Good Agricultural Practice) ;
- BAP (Best Aquaculture Practice);
- SQF 1000CM (Safe & Quality Food).